Medium-density fiberboard(MDF) is the most versatile building material I know of because it’s inexpensive and fairly durable, medium-density fiberboard is a good choice for practical projects like shelving and storage cabinets. But MDF wood is great for decorative projects too.
The smooth surface of medium density fiberboard is perfect for painting, and a router leaves crisp profiles with no splintering, burning, or tear-out.
MDF is basically sawdust and glue, fused together under pressure and heat. It varies in color from tan to chocolate brown.
- It is easy to take any color where wood takes long tenure for staining different colors
- MDF does not have knots or kinks which disturbs the smooth surface.
- MDF is resistant to some insects as some chemicals are used for the processing of MDF.
- It can be painted or stained and given a look just the same as real wood. So, it can replace the place of wood furniture.
- Depiction on MDF is easier than on wood.
- MDF has no grain as it’s not a natural product, it’s easy to cut, drill without damage.
- It has excellent machining character for its suitable density.
Add a review